Thursday, October 18, 2012

What I Ate Wednesday Edition #3

I'm excited to be posting another edition of WIAW!

This is your opportunity to get a glimpse of my daily eating habits. Hopefully it will inspire you and your daily meal plans. I was inspired by many other WIAW writers, and it helped me bust out of many daily eating ruts and encouraged me to focus on healthy eating.
 

I'm sure many of you can relate; some days life is busy from the moment you wake up. That was my day yesterday!

I had a meal plan and tried to stick to it as best as possible. I failed in the sense that I got so busy I didn't eat as much food as I wanted to. I skipped my afternoon snack since I was busy in meetings, but paid for it in the evening when I was starving at 5:30 pm. When it came to dinner, I was so hungry but could only eat half of my meal. This was not intentional, I think it was due to the combination of eating so late and skipping my afternoon snack.

Every meal and snack is important to keep up your metabolism during the day. That's why I "try" to stay consistent with my meal times and I "try" to fall into these good snacking habits.

Here were my eats for the day:

 
Breakfast (8:30 am):
  • 1 1/2 cups of pure orange juice with pulp
  • Homemade yogurt blueberry bran muffin

Snack (10:00 am):

Lunch (12:30 pm):
  • Salad from a local salad bar with caesar dressing
  • Kaiser bun... carb load!

Pre-Workout Fuel (5:30 pm):
  • Banana and 2 tbsp's crunchy peanut butter
  • Oiko's Greek yogurt, key lime

Dinner (8:30 pm):
  • 1 homemade chicken enchilada

Snack (10:00 pm):
  • Handful of dried cranberries

These are my nutritional details for the day:

Calories: 2,029

Fat:  81.9 grams
Sodium:  1780 grams
Carbs: 270.7 grams
Fibre:  28.1 grams
Sugars:  127.4 grams
Protein: 69 grams

Core Nutrient Breakdown:

Fat: 35.1% of calories
Carbs: 51.7% of calories
Protein: 13.2% of calories

Calories burnt during run: 785. This was my last run before my marathon!

Do you fall into any good habits during the autumn months?



No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...