Friday, November 16, 2012

38 Days till Christmas.....

My oh my.... where has the month gone!

My last post was on Halloween and time has been on fast forward since then. I feel like I woke up today and it was the latter half of the month and Christmas was just around the corner.

This past week I've started listening to Christmas music on my morning commute. I also have plans to start putting up my decorations around the house. My festivity is kicking in and I just can't wait for the big day!

As I reflect back on other Christmas's they also seem like a blur. I feel like all of the prep and work that goes into that day is truly not enjoyed. Instead it is rushed and with too much purpose. This year I am making an effort to enjoy every little minute leading up to the holiday. I've been thinking about all the activities I have coming up and have already started to gear up for some fun.

Some items on my holiday agenda are:
  • Cookie exchange with my girlfriends in tacky sweaters
  • Office Christmas party
  • Strolling through the Niagara Falls festival of lights with my hubby & pugs - Starbucks peppermint mocha in hand
  • Assisting hubby with the outdoor lights (I shudder - this will be fun this year... this will be fun this year)
  • Attending numerous holiday craft shows... my first one I'm going to tonight!
  • Putting up the Christmas tree with the movie Elf on the TV in the background, while we sip hot chocolate
  • Purchasing gifts for a local family through the Project Share Christmas program
  • Buying my husband his B.A.S.S. Hallmark collectible ornament
  • Taking the pugs for their Christmas portraits

Do you take time to enjoy every minute of the holiday season? Or would you rather it be over already?






 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...