Sunday, November 18, 2012

Switchin' Things Up

Since the marathon had ended, I took an involuntary break from running. My leg was injured badly and it was telling me it was time to take a break. After 18 long weeks of pushing through that marathon schedule, it was time.

I had some x-rays done, and numerous visits with my Doc. All tests came back negative... no fracture was present. He was confident it was a shin split that needed time to heal. I thought two weeks off would let me recover, but after my first run back at it my leg pain returned.

Frick...

It's been 4 weeks since running and I am confident my leg is healed and it's time to get moving again. I miss running and I desperately miss the gym. When I committed to my marathon program I decided to not cross train and instead focus on running and running alone. Since I've been on this gym hiatus my new workout plan will focus on toning and muscle building once again.

Below is my new (old) plan that I implemented yesterday.

Please note: I am not a qualified personal trainer or medical professional. This plan was developed solely for myself and has worked for me in the past. Please consult a professional before starting any fitness plan to see whether or not it could work for you.











I like this plan because it is very flexible and has me in the gym for only 75-90 minutes. I increase the weights and reps as my body adjusts and record everything in my log book during my work out. On days where I feel like doing a harder workout, I will really pump it out during my cardio session.

I hope to squeeze in some light yoga in the evenings at home when I can.

What do you do to switch up your workout schedule?

Do you get in your workouts during the holidays?




No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...