Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Vegan Avocado, Chard & Asparagus Quinoa

I thought to come back from my posting hiatus with an amazing recipe. Since summer is right around the corner I've been experimenting with good pot-luck dishes and salads. This dish features my favourite local winery's Pinot Noir vinegar. If you haven't had their wine, I strongly suggest you pay them a visit. You will not be disappointed! Flat Rock Cellars is located on the Beamsville Bench.

This recipe I found online while looking for vegan dishes that were packed with protein and low in WW points. I've tweaked it a bit, so here is my rendition.



Vegan Avocado, Chard & Asparagus Quinoa

Ingredients:

2 cups cooked quinoa
2 cups swiss chard
1 small red onion
10-12 stems of asparagus
2 tbsp quality olive oil
1 ripe avocado
1 tsp salt
3 tbsp's of Flat Rock Cellars - Pinot Noir Vinegar (or any other quality vinegar you can find).

Directions:

Cook the quinoa. Saute the asparagus, onion and chard in one tablespoon olive oil until cooked. In a small glass or jar mix the other tablespoon of olive oil and vinegar together. Once everything is ready mix the quinoa, asparagus, chard, and vinaigrette in a large bowl with the avocado. Season with salt.

This recipe makes 2.5 large servings. For each full serving it is only 10 PP+.

Enjoy!



1 comment :

  1. Wow, sounds delicious! I will try it and thank you for using our vinegar!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...