Friday, July 19, 2013

Following Our Dreams

(McDougall, ON - July 2013) 

Daniel and I are about to embark on a life changing journey. Hence the lack of blogging and routine in our lives at the moment. Thank you readers and friends for sticking by us and being patient.


(Chorley on the dock, McDougall, ON)
For those readers that do not follow me on Facebook; Daniel moved 3 hours north for a job, about 3 months ago. This happened by happy accident. Daniel was keeping his employment options open, and I was perusing job sites for him. Well, one job came up that "fit the bill" per say, and I sent off his resume.

Dan: "Did you send my resume to a job in Parry Sound?"
Me: "Maybe"
Dan: "Do you know where that is"
Me: "An hour away?"
Dan: "That's 3 hours up north"
Me: "Oops"
Dan: "Well, I have an interview"

(Pug on a dock - note the water is like glass)

That's how it all went down. Dan went to the interview and had a really good feeling about the job. We decided he would rent a room up there, and commute back on weekends. In just a short time he felt really comfortable and secure with his job.

Dan and I always had a pipe dream of moving up north. We are very outdoorsy; love fishing, hiking, and well, any outdoor activity. We love the simplicity of life and this beautiful world god created. We seem to be country folk, that were born and raised "city". When I went to Parry Sound to visit a few times, I knew that's where Dan and I should be. It sums up everything we have been looking for in life. That's when it clicked - that we were ready to make this move together and leave the hustle and bustle of city life. Muskoka region.. here we come!

(A visual of our move - Point A to Point B!)

In the past month:
(Enjoying dinner at the best
restaurant of life! Gilly's, Snug Harbour)
  • I secured employment in my field that I cannot wait to start on August 6th.
  • I gave notice at my current job which I have been with for 5.5 years. It's going to be really hard to leave my co-workers and wonderful clients that I have.
  • Our house is now on the market and we are currently searching for homes up there.

It has been a whirlwind to say the least. I am such a "Type A" personality, and I feel like we are flying by the seat of our pants for the time being. I'm really stepping out of my comfort zone. With our house not sold yet, we have had to find temporary accommodations to live. A miracle presented itself, and we have a 4 bedroom furnished house to call home till we buy a house. Thank goodness!

The one thing that centers me and makes this whole decision seem right, is the fact that I'm sharing this experience with my true love. Daniel and I have been through so much together, and sharing a common dream like this and watching it come true just warms the soul. This is meant to be.

Oh, and did I mention... the fishing is GREAT!?!?!


I'm sure once life settles a bit, I'll be back to posting some recipes and running stories. AND, I need to fill you all in on our 3rd addition to our fam! Stayed tuned!

1 comment :

  1. Congratulations on the move! My family is heading up there at the beginning of August to go to my aunt's cottage. I love it up there and I'm sure you will too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...